10 TIPS Everyone tells you why to be healthy; but no one tells explains how. The human body is composed of over 100 trillion cells.
Everyone tells you why to be healthy; but no one tells explains how. The human body is composed of over 100 trillion cells. Each of them is a living entity that performs daily functions that allow us to exist. They allow us to perceive ourselves as individuals that neglect this fact. So why mistreat them?
- It is best to see one’s self as 100 trillion organisms that depend on you. When they thrive you thrive. When they ail you ail.
- Life is breath. We do not breathe correctly, our breath is too shallow. When someone tells you to take ten deep breaths there is a good reason. By taking deeper breaths the lungs take in more oxygen. All cells require oxygen to function. More oxygen means the heart works less to pump the blood to meet oxygen demand. This is a good way to counter stress and anxiety.
- If you do this longer than 10 breaths and do it for ten minutes. You will be meditating. Meditation puts the body in rest mode so the autonomic function can reset, so that your heart doesn’t have to work so hard, the mind can rest, the stomach and intestines can digest.
- The act of breathing and how it affects the body is called respiration. It requires drawing breath also known as Inspiration. Can one see the possibilities of Taking 10 deep breaths or meditating?
- Water is life. Drinking water is important we all know that; but why? The body is 70% water, because water is the platform for all chemical reactions. Everything from nerve signals to bowel movements need water. So drink it.
- Food is life. Digestion begins mechanically in the mouth. Chew your food as many times as you have teeth. That time allows for the chemical aspect of digestion. Enzymes begin the digestion of carbohydrates in the mouth as well. Chewing will help avoid any indigestion, gas, reflux.
- If you’re not going to chew, juice or blend. When you break the food down, the stomach doesn’t work as hard to break down the nutrients, so that it is readily absorbed by the small intestine and better utilized by your cells.
- Your cells are what you eat. Always choose organic or natural products free of hormones, antibiotics, pesticides, and non genetically modified (GMO). Meats that are “natural” are not fed organic feed but they are raised humanely and or not administered antibiotics or hormones. all these factors interrupt cell function
- NEVER eat anything that you don’t recognize as a whole ingredient. For example anything that says high fructose, partially hydrogenated, or made in a lab. Your cells don’t know what to do with it.
- Calorie economics are as important as reading labels. Our cells require vitamins, minerals, proteins, carbohydrates and fats. Why not get them from the most nutrient dense sources. more nutrients per calories per serving = better. compare bread to amaranth see what you get. Eat foods that are not just good but best for your cells.
About the author
Michael D. Beys L. Ac., D.A.C.M. is a Doctor of Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine. His training consisted of over 3000 hours in the study of acupuncture and herbal medicine and has over 20 years of clinical experience. He was supervising acupuncturist at RUMC’s substance abuse Detox Center, South Beach Psychiatric Rehab facility and treating acupuncture physician at Sunrise Detox.
He is also fluent in Greek, and Spanish, and proficient in Mandarin, Arabic, and Italian. Currently his practice focuses on fertility and women’s health, pain management, and substance abuse mental health.